About US – Cycle Omania
It is very eveident that ALL bikes are designed and engineered for European environments and standards. Which means, there is not a single bike in the market designed or engineered to handle the Middle East weather conditions or environments. Cycle Omania (Meaning Omani Cycle) is a name we chose with a definite goal in mind, that is to see the fruition of actually having bicycles either assembled or built-in Oman. Whether we reach this goal first or someone does it is not of importance to us. There is something about believing in a cause and seeing it realized with or without your efforts.
Our Vision for Bicycles
We see in the future bicycles designed solely for the Gulf countries, with specific material that can conquer the extreme heat, greasing needs and designs to repel dust thus making a product last here as long as European designs last in Europe. This automatically means our product will be superior and do even better in European countries.
Our Culture and Values
We hire people who reflect our values. This means that not everyone will be able to join our venture.
Our core values are based on focusing to help establish a strong biking desire to the people of Oman. There are plenty of bicycle shops. But most people find it difficult to locate a shop that offers dependable products and services at reasonable prices. So we focus on doing just that.
Every member of our team, regardless of his/her position, is not above doing work for any customer in the showroom. We all roll up our sleeves and do the work! For this reason, please excuse us for not wearing dishdashas/kandora – the Traditional Omani Men’s wear, as it would be soiled up very quickly… not a good sight to see.
Our shop culture is a combination of ;
- Thorough knowledge of products we sell
- Good understanding of components of different bikes brought to us before we proceed to work on the bike
- Spending free time learning more about different aspects of bicycles and bicycle services so we can offer more than anyone in the market
- A deep desire to understand customer’s needs, desires, and wants so we can help them make the right choice
- Doing the work right the first time so that customer does not have to come back for the same work (unless it is items out of our control, like punctures, etc)
- Treating each customer in the showroom as the most important person we can meet that day.
- Treating each customer in the showroom equally… young, old, men, women, Omani’s, and expatriates alike.
- First come first served… no prejudices…
- Priority-based services will sometimes allow others to be provided services sooner. For example, a punctured tube change or pumping air on a kid’s bike will be done ahead or in the middle of any work in progress!
- Our charges are low and many times adjusted according to the job, so we can keep our customers coming back. For example, if the bike is precleaned before bringing for Essential Maintenance Service, we deduct an amount based on how much less the work is for us. And if the bike is dirtier than normal, we also add the amount based on how much more the work is for us. This is to encourage riders to take basic minimal care of their bikes so that the bikes can last much longer.
Founder & CEO
Hamid Al Kindy is a busy person working in the HR and hospitality sector for over 2 decades. He has seen the opportunity in the field of bicycles. He saw the need for a professional bicycle shop that would bring quality bikes to the community at affordable prices. He also saw the need for bicycle services and repairs but needed someone to fill the gap.
The day-to-day operations are carried out by Samir Al-Busaidy, who is a returnee to Oman. Samir left Oman in 1999 to work and live in the USA. He is now reunited with the whole big family back here in Oman. Samir brings over two decades of a wealth of knowledge and information in marketing and also a passion for bicycles. Samir is knowledgeable and personally works with bikes side by side with the shop technicians. He spends most of his time in the shop connecting with customers to understand their needs so that he may be in a position to point them in the right direction before customers make a decision on what bike to buy. He also personally updates the website and places orders for all required items in the store.
Roque Vincent Tamayo has gained a lot of knowledge and experience in the field of bicycles and is an avid weekend mountain biker. He comes with customer service experience and a love for biking. Vincent is also a road biker and a basketball player. We believe if he had his way and no job to handle, he would be out biking every day. Vincent is not scared to get his hands greasy and works fast and hard to make sure that every bike he touches is at its best by the time it leaves his hands. With over 6 years of experience under his belt, Vincent can diagnose many problems very quickly. He has done multiple upgrades and makes a good source of information for those wanting to do upgrades to their bikes, be it road bikes or mountain bikes. Vincent has recently left us to join his significant other. We wish him well!
Jayson Viray comes with years of experience in garage environments which includes motorbikes, painting, and fixing stuff. He was formerly in sales and customer service for more than 5 years before joining us at Cycle Omania. He is a solution seeker and is always looking for ways to get things done, there is no task too big for him. He is also an avid bike rider and loves mountain biking. If he has finished all his chores, you will find him cleaning, upgrading, or fixing his own bike. He comes to us highly recommended by peers and friends. Before starting with us, he trained with us for a year and in a very short time, he proved to be a fast learner. He performs very well and many times better than people with over 4 or 5 years of experience. We feel blessed to have him on our team and wish him the very best. Jayson is now officially our head technician!
Basically, we are not just employees, but rather passionate and enthusiastic bike lovers like you.
– Cycle Omania